Add a Note
You might want to add clarification or perspective on the reading – you can do that with a note embedded in your textbook. You might also consider adding notes for students as encouragement or celebration. Be creative!
- Select text where you want to place your note and in the tool-tip menu, click “Create overlay”.
- Select the “Text” feature.
- Type in a title for your text box.
- You can use the text toolbar to change the font, size, color, weight, or add bullets points.
- Click “Create”. The note is now accessible in your textbook.
FUN IDEA: Use a Note to encourage retrieval by asking students to pause and reflect on what they just read. You can also encourage retrieval with spacing and interleaving by asking them to pause and make a connection to their reading in another unit or concept you have covered previously. Again, the possibilities are endless and we’d love to hear your creative online teaching ideas!
We love our schools and our teachers and we know you are supporting students each and every day. Thank you for all you do!
Please send us your comments, corrections and creative ideas for moving to an online setting at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Examples in this guide use the TextbookHub platform for schools. Teachers using TextbookHub at their school can access these features with any textbook from any publisher on the TextbookHub platform.
Leave a Comment