“One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world.” Malala Yousafzai
Teacher Appreciation Week is celebrated the first full week of May. After the last year and a half that our teachers have had, we know teachers deserve to be celebrated each and every day. More than ever before, educators everywhere have stepped up to the plate to do more than they have been asked and still continue to go above and beyond.
Here at TextbookHub we believe that Teacher Appreciation Week is one of the best weeks of the school year. This is an entire week that is dedicated to showing teachers how important they are to communities everywhere.
Monday: Teachers Shape the Future
Through instruction, academic advising, and personal connections, teachers are able to create a bond with students that influence kids and their futures.
Tuesday: Teachers Dedicate Their Time to Their Work
Unlike a typical 40-hour workweek, teachers often spend their free time planning and create activities and lessons that will help their students engage and excel.
Wednesday: Teachers Will ALWAYS Be There
Teachers recognize how they need to be there for their students. Whether students are having trouble at home, issues with friends, or dealing with the unthinkable, teachers play an enormous part in supporting students as a trusted adults.
Thursday: Teachers Never Give Up
Everyone has bad days, and teachers understand that. However, teachers know that after one bad day, come many good ones. Teachers are a consistent – and persistent – presence in our student’s lives.
Friday: Teachers Teach
At the end of the day, teachers signed up to educate, and they do just that. Teachers are able to adapt their teaching style and methods to help a student understand a concept, and will go out of their way to make it happen. The creativity and flexibility of teachers is perhaps what we appreciate most in you!
It is clear that the dedication, effort, and love of educating that teachers bring to our students has the power to change lives every single day.
There are so many creative ways to show appreciation to your teachers. Here are our top 10:
- Personalized pens: When their favorite pen goes missing, they will know how to find it.
- Gift card to their favorite restaurant or for delivery: Treat your teacher to dinner!
- Personalized tote bag: Teachers carry a lot of weight on their shoulders. We mean that figuratively and literally. Purchase a large tote bag for your teacher so they can carry everything in one trip.
- A coffee cup with a coffee gift card inside: No explanation needed.
- A gift card to a spa: A gift card to be pampered is always a great idea.
- A candle: A nice candle to light after a long day is always relaxing.
- An apple: Did you know this tradition is still pretty popular? An apple or a fruit basket will surely make their day.
- Wear their favorite color: Get your class together to wear your teacher’s favorite color.
- A plant: for the teacher with a green thumb!
- A heartfelt letter: Sometimes the best gift is a sincere letter of appreciation.
TextbookHub wants to thank teachers everywhere because, without them, we wouldn’t be here. Have an amazing Teacher Appreciation Week, we want to celebrate with you today, and every day.